Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finished projects and computer woes

So I've managed to finish my unshaped shrug in my red bulky yarn. I would love to share it with all of you, but this is the week that my computer has decided not to work, period. I think that I might have to journey off to Sham Shui Po in search of a new hard-drive. :( No pictures for now, but I'm hoping to have this problem solved soon, because I am going crazy without my computer!

Anyway, the shrug turned out quite nicely, though a bit longer across the back then I hand intended. This was also my first time picking up stitches to create a border. The 2x2 ribbing turns in a little bit, but I think with some blocking that it will work out nicely. Its very warm, and I think that it will suite my mother when she comes to visit during Chinese New Year. I've also been very busy working on my Very-Cropped Hoodie, from MagKnits. This one I'm making for a friend is in tones of brown, from Vintage ColorMulti. After about 3 weeks of knitting, I'm working on the second sleeve, and the hood is all that remains after that. I've made some adjustments to the pattern for yarn and needle size, mostly repetition of some rows and knitting the sleeves in the round, versus flat like the pattern calls for. Its worked out nicely, especially with the yarn picked. It should be perfect for the recently chilly Hong Kong weather. Hopefully pictures will come soon!

Another interesting and happy development in my life recently is that I have been included into some wonderful knitting groups with some very talented ladies! They are all incredibly talented and interesting women. I've included some of their blogs in my links now. You should check them out! I enjoy their company and I think that I can also learn a lot from them. That's all the knitting news from my corner!

No comments: