Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bad Dogs


Summer 2008 104, originally uploaded by yummystitch.

God knows that I love my dogs, to an insane degree, but they are walking on thin ice right now, especially my dearest Bertie. Last night, while working on a difficult part of my current sock project, she decided that it was the appropriate time to jump into my lap for cuddles, causing me to slips about 15 stitches off the needles! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I immediatly shoved her off, while continously shouting the F-Word. I managed to recover the dropped stitches, and after about a half hour, said sock had fully recovered. But the icing on the cake was when I went upstairs and found the beagle with my ball of Noro in his mouth, getting ready to tangle it, with several other balls of yarn at his feet, ready to be destroyed. Not a good night for anyone involved.......
Now I have no idea what is going on with my babies, but I think that they are getting jealous of the yarn. Bertie often gives me the look featured in the picture ABOVE: the ever-pathetic, "Why are you playing with the yarn instead of rubbing my tummy?" To make up for it, they both licked my face off as soon as I sat back down, but I still had some yarn to de-tangle that evening. I love my dogs, but sometimes I think that they know exactly how to push me. Much smarter than they look at all.....

No comments: