Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh Baby!


I found out a couple of weeks ago that our department secretary is having a baby girl, due in January, which will be her second child and her second daughter. Of course, that provides a good excuse for any knitter to go a little crazy in the yarn shop and with patterns. I bought about ten skeins of Katia's Baby Fantaisie in white sprinkled with dots of pink to make a blanket with, and maybe some other accessories for the new bundle of joy.
So I've started the blanket, and it just won't end!!!! Granted that I am using sock yarn and fingering weight yarn, but I feel like this blanket is going to be a challenge to get through. I'm using the Pinwheel Baby Blanket pattern from Genia Planck. So far it has sucked up 3 skeins of yarn and a second pair of needles. It is soft and snuggly, but I'm ready for this to be done. The baby isn't due until January/February, so I still have plenty of time to get it done. Mindy suggested that I start doing eyelets for a couple of inches, and then call it done, but I have yet to find anything that I like. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would wait until you get to a point where it is a multiple of four, and intersperse some feather and fan.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!