Saturday, February 04, 2012

Slouching Around

Remember that vow not to start any new projects without finishing an old project? FAIL. I have managed to finish my Traditional Blue feather and fan baby blanket, but that doesn't even out with the three hats that I have started. The blanket is going to be set aside for the next baby of a friend/family member, and its ooooooooh so soft, which will be perfect for baby. I wish I could remember the brand of yarn I used for it.......
001

So the last week at work was pretty stressful, so I needed some instant gratification knitting, which for me consists of hats, mainly of the slouch variety. Since the purple Spring Beret went over so well, I've been sticking with slouch hats with interesting details that are not too overwhelming. The first one that I have actually managed to finish was the "Amy is Gone" for a dear friend who has left Hong Kong to return to the US. (A cookie if you can guess what her name is) I like this pattern as well, but I think that I need to work on my psso because I think that the stitch is too obvious. You be the judge:

021

I casted on another variation of the Spring Beret, this time in green, but I am not too wild about since it might come out too bulky overall, but it will be nice and warm. I love the way the color works in this yarn, but its one of those yarns where you have to find just the right pattern to make it work. If it does come out huge, I will most likly felt it and save it for a baby.

031

I've started another hat as well, this time the Naked Star pattern, which I like, and the yarn I'm using is quite nice- pictures are coming soon, don't worry. Its pretty mindless knitting, but all these hats is good for stocking up presents. The sock yarn blanket is finally progressing, thanks to some lovely donations by some of the local knitting group ladies! Its nowhere as near as I want it to be, but it is lovely and warm- that's what I have enjoyed about this project- you can use it as you make it. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more to do though, and its only taken me what? a year to get this far?
008
One day it will me finished....one day................

No comments: