Thursday, August 18, 2011

Even Hipster Scum Need Hats

I have a few friends who sometimes qualify as hipsters, minus the overwhelming sense of irony and superiority, and decided its time to deck them out with the requisite knitted hipster garment. No, not an ironic false mustache or wool PBR cozy, but the ever-present slouchy hat. I have a lot of yarn where I only bought one or two balls, just because that was what was left in the shop, fully intended to buy more, and then just didn't......... So now ironic hats are flying off the needles like MadMen DVDs on sale!


My two favorite patterns for said hats are Felicity over on Knitology and Spring Beret by Natalie Larson. So far I have knitted two of each and more are planned for the future. Both patterns are easy to use and go fairly quickly. I work full time, but I managed to crank out one of these hats using the Felicity pattern in two days of commuting, which I feel pretty pleased with. So if I know you and you have either:

A. Told me music was "too mainstream"
B. Judged my taste in TV or films (Some of us like Demolition Man, thankyouverymuch)
C. Worn unnecessary glasses while looking incredulous
D. Drink PBR at any time, EVER!
E. Watched "The Room" while quoting along with the film

Look forward to getting your hat in the future. Wear it with pride my darlings, because it means that even though I can never be as organic-buying, free-trade supporting, indie music listening as you, I still care about your head being covered in fiber!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our
community. Your website provided us with valuable info to work on.
You have done a formidable job and our whole community
will be thankful to you.

Also visit my webpage - Buying A Car With Bad Credit
Also see my website > buying a car with bad credit,buy a car with bad credit,how to buy a car with bad credit,buying a car,buy a car,how to buy a car