Friday, August 26, 2011

Time to Level Up Knitting Skills


004, originally uploaded by yummystitch.

A few months ago I received this yarn in the mail from a dear British friend. I have managed to loose the tag fort this yarn, but I do remember her describing it as "the most British yarn ever". Its 100%wool, fingering weight, and looks like your favorite pair of jeans that you have had for about a million years. And it also looks just lovely against my hot pink sheets- a Christmas gift from my roommate.


When I usually get some beautiful luxury yarn, I keep it safe until I find the perfect pattern, so this one has been hibernating for a long time. Recently, through my journeys on the Ravelry pattern database, I found this beautiful cowl and fell in love. I've never attempted to add beading to my knitting, but now seems like as good a time as any to start and level up those knitting skills. After this project, I think that I can add a +5 beading to my stats!

No comments: