Monday, August 01, 2011

Let's Stare at the Crazy Lady

Since I switched jobs, I've been traveling a lot more via MTR, and thus doing a lot more knitting on during my commute. Recently I've been working some Christmas projects, which entails bulkier yarn than the average HKer would expect to see in summertime. This has resulted into me becoming somewhat of a sideshow on the morning train rides. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but there are few days where I would like to ask the creepy strangers, "Don't you have anything else to look at?" or the classic, "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Is watching someone knit that enthralling? Maybe I should start staring back at people who are doing normal activites, like reading their books, or the elderly man who picks his nose- that guy is a charmer.
And of course with planning knitted Christmas presents comes a severe case of castonitis! I have started at least 4 new projects this week that I want to have finished by Decemeber, plus some last minute finishing details on the baby stuff for my sister. (My neice is making her big appearence at the end of August!) The baby is get a lot of gear from me, and the family is thrilled because its the first grandbaby!

I did get a two hour break today because of a student cancellation, so I walked over to FiloKilo and picked up a second ball of Diakeito Rocco in the rainbow colorway. I know that this statement might cause some shock and awe amongst my fellow knitters, but I prefer this yarn so much more over Noro. There- I said it! Now I'm going to run for the hills!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging. Let them stare - knit away!